What is Panoptic?
Panoptic is a perpetual, oracle-free options protocol built on the Ethereum blockchain.
The Panoptic protocol consists of smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain that handle the minting, trading, and market-making of perpetual put and call options. All smart contracts are available 24/7 and users can interact with the Panoptic protocol without the need for intermediaries like banks, brokerage firms, clearinghouses, market makers, or centralized exchanges.
Panoptic is the first permissionless options protocol that overcomes the technically challenging task of implementing an options protocol on the Ethereum blockchain. We achieve this by embracing the decentralized nature of Automated Market Makers and permissionless liquidity providing in Uniswap v3.
The following sections will provide a brief overview of the Panoptic protocol.
- Panoptic Protocol: Getting to know Panoptic's most important concepts.
- Options Trading 101: Options trading resources.
- Technical Specifications: Learn how to build on Panoptic.
- Protocol Security: Audits, code reviews, security.
Users can access the developers docs here
Users can access the whitepaper here
Users can access details about the security audits here
10,000-Foot View of Panoptic and the DeFi Options Landscape
- Panoptic - The Most Detailed Exposition To Date
- Three Sigma: Options Series Part I - An Overview of the DeFi Options Landscape
- Three Sigma: Options Series Part II - Exploring Different Pricing Approaches and Tokenomics